With all the fuss being thrown by the media to the Nation of Aldub lays the judgment of us being the “Mababaw na Nilalang”. It’s a sad reality how we are condemned by the things that makes us happy. To think this one of a kind show were not copy pasted or franchise from the international scene. In fact, this must be something to be proud of. How many of us were guilty of praising and admitting we are avid fans of Hollywood shows, Intl mainstream TV Series, the Koreanovela or Bollywood films? Not even a single “Kababawan” were tag along with it. Then why, all along, this phenomenon which is a genius take in the local TV show is being judge as it is. I also went the hard way of admitting I am a FAN especially in social media. But why we have to feel that way.
Filipinos are obviously influenced by the western culture. We are so accustomed to their way of clothing, their language, their lifestyle. We think mirroring their way of life makes us feel socially accepted. We think this kind of norms is what the international can only be acknowledged. The foreign shows dominated our society and then sadly, we feel alienated by our own Kulturang Pinoy- Katangi Tangi! We make this kind of entertainment a standard to what we would like to watch. We then forget our identity.
Admitting you’re a fan of Kalyeserye doesn’t make you a Mababaw na Nilalang. I don’t want to put reasons here but let me take the reason why this show deserves a standing ovation.
- Happiness is contagious. True! Filipinos are known to be the Happy People of the world. We seem to laugh in the smallest form of entertainment. The difference of KS is that it only makes use of clean jokes. No insults. No harsh words. Just pure fun.
- Execution of Storytelling is Incomparable. Where can you watch a mainstream TV show, Theater Play, Reality TV, Comedic Skit, Interactive social platform and Filipino value-oriented show all in a 30minute lunch break? Plus a glued cliffhanger in the end of storytelling. Hell of a ride right. Only in the Philippines!
- Swim in the Universe of Blog and type #Aldub. It’s a challenge for a fact. I was amazed by how much this show awakens the minds of fellow Kababayan. Every single minute, a new blog post has been written talking about everything under KS sunshine. It is something that no other show can make the Netizen be more engaged. All the more the content has substance to it. Not only gifs/vines but topics ranging from the highlight of daily episodes, to decoding Alden & Maine’s interaction, to teachings of Values by Lola Nidora, to reflections and views of life. Saan ka pa!
- Bayanihan. What makes a noontime show different from nighttime dramas is that it is a venue to help and give assistance to fellow Filipino. To be able to thread this cause in the story of KS is nothing but pure brilliance. It takes a lot of brainstorming for others but EB made it with grace and amazement.
- Tunay na Pag-ibig Tatak Pinoy. Take the old-fashioned Filipino way of swooning a lady; pag-iigib ng tubig, pagsunod sa turo ng Lola, paghaharana, pag-akyat ng ligaw sa bahay at paghihintay ng pag-ibig sa Tamang Panahon. Are we foreign with this idea of courtship? Probably yes but Thank God. We are directed back to the good old days in modern means, thanks for this show!
Now who am I to be ashamed to admit I love this show. There is nothing really to be humiliated of. If I was guilty admitting I used to love foreign shows, I should be more guilty declaring that this kind of show is World Class. Truly Tatak Pinoy. Yan tayo eh!
@mainedcmspeaks / @lotskiemo (UAE)